Patient-Centered Healthcare – Your Kids Are Our Kids
Dr. O’Malley and Dr. Habel believe pediatricians should play a key role in helping families make the best possible healthcare decisions. We want to do everything we can to make caregiving and decision-making easier for our patients and families, and for the other physicians, nurses and health care professionals that may be involved in managing your child’s health.
Dr. Habel and Dr. O’Malley built Muddy Creek Pediatrics upon the concept of providing a comprehensive pediatric medical home for your children. A medical home represents an approach to pediatric health care in which a trusted physician partners with your family to establish regular, ongoing care and to prevent, diagnose and treat disease. This partnership requires a sound doctor-patient relationship, which is central to the practice of high quality healthcare. Through this partnership, we will provide you with:
- expert, comprehensive pediatric care for your family,
- an emphasis on preventive health, wellness, and continuity of care,
- patient access to specialty care and other health care services,
- educational services
- coordinated home care
- family support
- other public and private community services that are important to the overall health of your child and family.
Providing a medical home means addressing the medical and non-medical needs of your child and family. That is why we place such emphasis on general health, wellness, nutrition, exercise and preventive care. In that way, as your medical home, Muddy Creek Pediatrics is not just a place, but also an approach to providing the very best in comprehensive primary care for your children. That is why we say Your Kids are Our Kids!
For us, a medical home means that as your pediatric primary care provider, our staff:
- knows your child’s health history, and provides clear and unbiased information when you need it,
- listens to your concerns and needs (as well as your child’s),
- treats you and your child with compassion,
- has an understanding of your child’s strengths and special health needs,
- is available whenever you need us,
- provides continuous care and monitoring, even when you need to see additional specialists and providers,
- diligently maintains a complete, accurate, accessible and confidential medical record for your child,
- respects and honors your culture, values and traditions, and
- partners with you to develop a care plan with you and your child, including but not restricted to:
- acute and chronic care
- preventive services
- breastfeeding promotion and management
- growth and developmental assessments
- appropriate screenings
- health care supervision
- patient and parent counseling about health, nutrition, safety, parenting
- psychological issues.
We are very happy to be your medical home and to be your family’s trusted healthcare partners.